1. We have to constantly adapt to meet students' needs in order to ensure their success.
2. Allow students to do the majority of the work as in doing, thinking, and speaking.
3. Provide students with multiple opprounities for practice.
4. Empower students to believe in themselves.
5. Involve and collaborate with teachers, families, and community members in the learning journey.
I strongly believe in my district’s former core beliefs. At school and in my life, I model and represent the core beliefs by how I think, say and do. However, in order to be believe these core beliefs as a teacher,one has to believe it first as a person. When you meet me in any setting, these core beliefs will shine through since I believe in them with my heart, mind and actions.
Fernando Rubio Jr. is a transformational education leader with one purpose: transforming lives by closing the achievement gap in public urban schools in order to set up students for life long success.